Viva Las Vegas
Well, I’m in Las Vegas, staying in the Santa Fe Station. It’s a casino out in the burbs a bit, but full of gambling, food, concerts and even a Starbucks!
I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s Send Out Card’s Treat ’em Right Seminar, a wonderful seminar I’ve attended twice before.
I can’t believe how wonderful and easy this service truly is. This simplicity and the wonderful feeling people express when they get my cards is why I’m such a proud distributor of the product which allows people to send Hallmark-type paper greeting cards from your computer which arrives in someone’s US Post Office Box with a stamp and a zip code on it.
Back to Vegetarianism
What do these famous folk: Pamela Anderson, Andre 3000, Albert Einstein, Joaquin Phoenix, Henry Ford, Natalie Portman, Milton Berle, Tobey Maguire, Scott Adams, Upton Sinclair, and Gwyneth Paltrow have in common? They are all vegetarians!
Some tips to get your started on vegetarianism, as quoted from China Daily
1. Invest in vegetarian cookbooks and investigate on the Internet for vegetarian recipes.
2. Make a list of the various ways you can cook the same food. For instance potatoes can be boiled, roasted, mashed or made into hot chips and Mexican-style filled potatoes.
3. Adapt your favourite dishes such as pasta and stir-fries into vegetarian meals by excluding the meat component.
4. Experiment with fruit, vegetables, lentils, legumes and grains that you don’t normally eat.
5. Try tofu. There are many types of tofu in the market, with varieties including fresh, firm, deep-fried, marinated, egg-based tofu and tempeh (fermented soy cake). You may, however, need to make your way to an Asian store for the more exotic types.
6. Check out your local supermarket for the variety of quick/frozen/foil-packed/canned vegetarian foods available.
7. Explore the vegetarian options on the menus of all cafes and restaurants you normally dine at.
8. Explore the ‘fake meat’ (soy-based) products available at the supermarket or local Asian stores.
9. Stock up on nuts and seeds.
10. Replace animal fats (eg. butter) with vegetable oils eg. olive, canola, sunflower, peanut oils).