Clyde's Radio Interview:
Website Design -
mistakes, design elements and
5 Dos and/or Don'ts or Tips & Tricks when Designing Your Website
- Do make sure your writing is crisp and clear on the home page.
- On home page, make sure your text includes search terms (multiple times) you want people to use when they’re searching for you on the web.
- Don’t have design go much beyond “the fold” of a website. The fold is where people have to scroll down home page. Everything should be contained in first page.
- Don’t have lots of flash (moving objects) or images on your home page. This is the first place the search engines scan and they don’t scan images. You want lots of text.
- Do make sure you have a title (this is phrase all the way at the top of your web browser in the upper left corner) for each page - making each page different. Also, name the actually file names with the page titles. For instance, the title for my webpage design portfolio page is “Website Design & Graphics Portfolio - In The Moment Computing. This also makes it great when people save your site for bookmarking and favorites.